Since 2002, City Ministry Network (CMN) has purposed to be a catalyst in inspiring, connecting and mobilizing people toward good work toward the transformation of Modesto’s neighborhoods . Modesto’s faith community has shown signs of fragmentation for many years. Due to that perception a handful of Christian community leaders gathered together in the winter of 2002 to prayerfully discern what could possibly happen if the faith community came together in practical ways for neighborhood transformation. With this goal in mind, CMN was conceived.
City Ministry Network (CMN) became a federally-approved entity, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, in April, 2005. The first board meeting was held in June, 2005, and almost immediately, there were opportunities to expand the ministry’s positive influence. CMN, through a philosophy of prayerfully building trusting relationships between people, has grown to be a trusted voice in the community.
A Message from God-of-the-Angel-Armies:
“Old men and old women will come back to Jerusalem (Modesto),
sit on benches on the streets and spin tales, move around safely with
their canes, a good city to grow old in. And boys and girls will fill
the public parks, laughing and playing—a good city to grow up in.”
Zechariah 8.4-5 (MSG)
“Motivated by God’s love for the world, City Ministry Network exists to be a catalyst in the transformation of our city.”
Our Five Initiatives
Acting as a Catalyst for City Transformation we will…
- Increase the number of organizations acting with CMN and the community.
- Increase the number of faith-rooted leaders acting with CMN, the community and other faith-rooted partners.
- Increase the number of pastors acting together with CMN and the community.
- Increase the number of individuals and churches praying for our city.
- Increase in Wisdom and Skills around our shared results.
WHO IS CITY MINISTRY NETWORK?
Our Governing Board is comprised of government, business and community leaders:
- Rev. Marvin Jacobo, Executive Director
- President, John Britton, Retired Farmer, Community Member
- Vice President, John Grover, Community Member, Impact A Life International Founder/CEO
- Treasurer, Ruben Imperial, Community Member
- Secretary, Rev. Joe Duran, Vice President, Self-Help Credit Union
- Jeff Pishney, Love Modesto/Love Our Cities
- Cindy Marks, Community Member, Pray Modesto
- Cheryl Van Horn, Community Member, Vine House Ministries
- Homero Mejia, Executive Director, Congregations Building Community
- Marc Garcia, Program Manager
As of October, 2015
- Total participants: 1231
- Churches: 257
- Individual Pastors: 230
- Non-Profit Organizations: 116
- Non-Profit Leaders: 371
- Business Community: 177
- Government Officials: 150
- Neighborhood Alliance Leaders: 38
- Neighborhood Alliances: 16