The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- The Salvation Army provides assistance to those in need 365 days a year.
- Founded by William Booth in 1865, The Salvation Army is an international organization that meets the physical and spiritual needs of people in 116 countries around the globe, without discrimination.
- With nearly 7,700 centers of operation in the United States, The Salvation Army assists about 29 million individuals nationwide throughout the year – almost 4.5 million of those during the holiday season alone.
- About 83% of your donation to The Salvation Army goes directly to program funding to help people who need it most.
- The Salvation Army operates several domestic violence shelters nationwide, where abused women and children can get a fresh start in life, safely and confidentially.
- When you shop at Salvation Army thrift stores, you are supporting adult rehabilitation centers that annually help more than 340,000 people from every walk of life fight substance abuse and return to their communities as participating, contributing members.